Search This Blog

Pages

'Foggy' takes his first wobbly steps.

First wobbly steps of little Forget-me-not, or 'Foggy' for short.  This design will be remade and filled out with a fuller roseground on his face, a bit more of a tummy, some shape defining grey gimps and a longer trunk as he grows up.  Still wearing his pajama trousers, he explored the garden and took a liking to the tiny 'Forget Me Not' flowers in the garden, and so his name was chosen. 

The process of making the first version of a new pattern is often full of relief that some bits worked better than I thought, and also of frustration when the pins are removed much further down the pattern, to find that some parts had not gone as planned.  I made the roseground too large and Foggy's eyes are too high so that will be corrected on the next working.  

Unusually for me, I made this little chap in sections.  I am not a fan of sewings, but the more I do, the less they bother me.  The sectional way of making larger pieces of lace means there are fewer bobbins needed at a time, maybe 25 pairs instead of 125 pairs!

I am trying to decide if this little chap is a possibility for the 'Bobbin Lace Along' facebook group where we have a live pillow and members often work the same pattern with the experienced members helping those who need it.