Search This Blog

Pages

'N'

 Another letter for my lace alphabet.  This one is heavy on the seed beading. 


Rather than make the long center bar in Milanese, which was my original intention, I used white pearl seed beads.  Initially only intended to make the center line in seed beads but as the bar widened, I kept adding more lines of beads.  Unfortunately, adding this many beads has weighted and warped the lace and there is no way of regaining the smooth lines of when it was still pinned to the pillow.  I doubt I could iron it, or even spray it because of the beads. 



To allow for sewing into the bars of the edge with the green thread, I reversed the pattern. I also experimented with different scroll techniques which I really need to practice!  
The beaded netting section proved tricky, had to feed four threads of the plait through the bead to join with the connecting plait. I used a 0.35 crochet hook. 



So far I have made A, B, S, O and N.  Wish I had chosen letters which would have made up a word!  Only another 21 letters to go.