Search This Blog

Pages

The Lace Map Trilogy


I always wanted to write.  Only when I became regularly trapped indoors for months on end did I get the chance.  

What prompted me to have a lace maker as a central character I have no idea.  Maybe it was my Mother, talking about researching her family tree.  Some of her ancestors came over to this country via the route many lace makers had used to flee the religious persecution of that time.  

I wanted to hear what the bobbins sounded like so I could be accurate in my descriptions of this disappearing skill.  A chance sighting of a poster advertising a demonstration of lacemaking in the next village set me on a path I never saw coming. 

The novels sat patiently in my computer while I fell down the lace making rabbit hole.  So much to learn.  Not just the making of the lace itself, but learning how to turn the bobbins, all the history, pattern making, lace schools, agents, trends and threads.  

Now, several years later, I have returned to have another look at the novels and have decided to put each chapter online as I edit the first book.    This is where you can follow the progress along with me, chapter by chapter.

Lesley 

https://thelacemap.weebly.com/